Saturday, December 10, 2005

Books that I've read or listened to.

I've been listening to Ghosts in the Gallery on booktape and we just finished reading Children of the Longhouse. They are both really good books. I would recomend them both.

We read Children of the Longhouse for book club. This is the third book we've read for book club. The other books that we read were The Wishgiver and Wait Till Helen Comes. My favorite so far is Wait Till Helen Comes. It was about a girl and her family who moved into an old church and there was a graveyard in their back yard and it really freaked her out. There is a ghost that her step-sister becomes friends with. It wasn't really that scary to me, but I like the spooky stories and mystery stories.

Probably the best mysteries I have read are the Nancy Drew series. I just finished the ninth one which is called The Sign of the Twisted Candles. It's a little confusing. There are a lot of relatives and stuff in it.

We are listening to Inkheart. It's a great story. It's a story about a girl named Meggie whose father can read people and things out of books. They find out that she has that gift too. It would be kind of cool to be able to do that, but you would have to be careful.

1 comment:

Elora said...

I love _Inkheart_, it's very imaginative. I really want to read _Inkspell_ the second book but I'm finishing _Artemis Fowl_ first.